A Whisper favorite recipe | Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake
Before you start: Preheat oven to 350° f
- 1 3/4 cups finely diced Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water (as needed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Chop the dates finely and place into a stainless steel bowl leaving room on top
- Sprinkle baking soda over the top of the dates
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, add sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda to the mixture above. Mix well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, slowly pour the boiling water over the dates, just to the top.
- Mix the date mixture slowly, then fold into the rest of the batter.
- Pour the entire mixture into a well greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until firm.
Serve with warm caramel sauce, ice cream or creme Anglaise.
And for an even better treat, come onboard and taste it while on charter, made by Whisper's own Chef. Liked this one? Check out out list of Top 10 Amazing Desserts.